TO MAKE A BOOKING:
Please complete the online booking form or contact us for an email/pdf booking form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the associated payment (detailed below).
Guided Walks: Full payment
Courses: Full payment
Challenges: Full payment
Walking Holidays: 50% deposit if more than 4 weeks until the start of the holiday. If less than 4 weeks full payment must be made.
Private event/guiding: Full Payment
Deposits are NOT REFUNDABLE
Please note: Bookings are not confirmed until a booking form and payment has been accepted by Mountain Ascents.
If booking through the website online payment can be made through the Paypal gateway. If booking via the email/pdf booking form payment can be made by bank transfer (we will provide the account details when we have confirmed receipt of your booking form).
IF A CLIENT CANCELS;
Written confirmation of the cancellation shall be sent to email@example.com. If you cancel within 4 weeks of the start date NO REFUND will be given. If you cancel with more than 4 weeks’ notice a 75% refund of the money you paid will be given and the remaining 25% will be refunded if we can re-sell your place. Cancellations of 6 weeks or more will be given a FULL REFUND.
IF WE CANCEL;
Sometimes, regrettably we may have to cancel your booking due to unsuitable weather conditions, insufficient participant numbers and other unforeseen circumstances. In cases such as this you will be able to select one of the following,
a) FULL refund
b) A new date (i.e. move your booking to another event if available etc.)
c) In the case of insufficient participant numbers, you will also be offered the opportunity to upgrade to a private event/guiding (subject to additional costs)
It should be noted that we are not responsible or accept liability for any losses including travel and accommodation.
Unfortunately, we do not hold an AALA licence and therefore cannot allow any under 18’s onto our events who are not accompanied by their own parent/legal guardian.
To attend our events all participants must bring the personal items listed in the kit list for each event. Failure to bring the following safety equipment will result in you not being able to participate.
Waterproof Jacket and Trousers and Walking Boots that include ankle support (unless other footwear is specifically stated as acceptable in the individual event kit list). Anyone who does not bring these items of equipment will not be allowed to participate and NO REFUND will be given. The only exception to this would be in respect of waterproofs if the weather forecast specifically states that no rain is forecast and that the route allows for an early retirement from the event. In this situation participants will be permitted to take part but may have to retire from the event early if unexpected showers or rain develops.
I understand that Mountain Ascents accepts no responsibility for accidents or injury to participants or for loss of or damage to personal items, unless caused by negligence on the part of Mountain Ascents and its event leaders.
I understand that during the event Mountain Ascents leaders may take photographs for use in instant and future advertising, including on its website and social media pages. In most instances photographs may be uploaded to social media pages on the day and during the event itself.
Mountain walking/hill walking and associated activities are physically demanding activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit enough to participate in the chosen activity for your own enjoyments and that of other clients.
Mountaineering/Mountain walking/hillwalking and associated activities are hazardous activities. We will endeavour to minimise the risk however, there is always an element of risk which could result in injury or death. It is important that you take responsibility for your own actions and involvement in the activities, including following any decisions made or advice/instruction given by the leader. If you choose to disregard any advice given by the event leader(s) before, during or after the event, you do so voluntarily and accept liability for any resulting injuries or damage.
BRITISH MOUNTAINEERING COUNCIL (BMC) PARTICIPATION STATEMENT:
The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own enjoyment.
Mountain Ascents is insured for work and activities within the Mountain Leader (ML) qualification remit.
We recommend that you take out your own personal sport cover such as that offered by the BMC as well as insurance to cover cancellations and associated costs.