The Derwent Water Explorer
Join us on this 16-mile picturesque walk around Derwent Water. Starting from Keswick the route takes you on a scenic tour of some of this areas highlights taking in such iconic places as Cat Bells, Borrowdale, Grange Fell, Watendlath Tarn, Surprise View, Ashness Bridge and Walla Crag.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
This is a great walk for anyone wanting to explore and experience this beautiful corner of the Lake District National Park. You will require a good level of hillwalking fitness. The walk will take between 8-10 hours and involve approximately 1,000m of ascent. This is a guided group walk and therefore we will walk at the pace of the slowest group members.
At times steep up-hill walking on rough ground, good mountain paths, roads and forest paths
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Guide – Experienced, qualified and insured Mountain Leader
- Small group experience maximum 1:8
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel to and from the start location
- Personal Insurance
- Accommodation before/after the event
YOU WILL NEED:
- Suitable walking boots (with ankle support)
- Appropriate clothing for the walk
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Spare jacket/fleece (warmth layer)
- Hat and gloves
- Sunhat and suncream
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Food, snacks and a drink (minimum 1-2 litre) for the walk
(Needs a minimum of 4 participants to run at the advertised price)