Snowdon Summit Camp (Postponed)
Please Note: Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions in Wales this event has been postponed and will be rearranged for later in the year. Please keep an eye on the information bar for next available date.
Snowdon is probably the UKs most popular mountain and rightly so. However, if you are bored of the crowds and want to see this mountain from a different perspective what better way to experience this unique part of Wales than sleeping on the summit of its highest mountain?
Join us for this fantastic and sociable small group event to the summit of Snowdon the highest mountain in Wales for a summit bivouac. Join a like-minded group, get active and savour the wide expansive views across North Wales.
The Snowdon summit camp is one event not to miss this summer.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
This event is for anyone who wants to experience sleeping on and waking up to a new day on the summit of a mountain. It’s an event for those who like new experiences and can appreciate the grandeur and beauty of the Snowdonia mountains. Snowdon offers a unique environment with unrivalled views across North Wales.
The event includes most of the equipment you need and it is therefore open to everyone with general fitness to undertake hillwalking. If you want to use your own equipment then that is fine by us also. Over the course of the event you will summit Snowdon, experience a mountain bivouac and learn about the unqiue environment that we travel through.
At times a strenuous walk, steep paths and very rocky/stony sections especially in the upper sections of the mountains.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Guide – The walk is led by a qualified Mountain Leader
- Small group experience of max 1:6
- Bivvy bag
- Sleeping mat
- Tarp (weather dependant)
- Head torch
- Lightweight camp stove and pot (one between per 2 participants)
- Camp meal (Dehydrated meal)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel to and from the start location
- Personal Insurance
- Accommodation before or after the event
- Sleeping bag
- other Food/snacks/drinks for the duration of the event/on the mountain
YOU WILL NEED:
- Suitable walking boots (with ankle support)
- Appropriate clothing for the walk (base layer and midlayers)
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Spare jacket/fleece (warmth layer)
- Hat and gloves
- Sunhat and suncream
- Food, snacks and a drink (minimum 2 litre) for the walk: Lunch for day one, snacks, evening meal for bivvy and breakfast.
- Sleeping bag with a suitable comfort rating. We suggest a bag with a comfort rating of 0-3 degrees. (can be rented from us)
- Walking Poles (can be rented from us)
Don’t miss out on this popular and unique event….Book your place today!!
Mountain weather can be temperamental at the best of times and there is no guarantee that you will see the sunset or sunrise or even a view of any sorts. As this event uses bivvy bags and tarps (if required) camping on the summit and in exposed locations may not be possible. The aim will be to sleep on the summit but the walk leader will make the final judgement on the day and select a suitable camp spot based on the conditions encountered.