Scafell Pike – The Roof of England
**This walk can be offered as a private event as an open event**
Join us for this fantastic and sociable walk to the summit of Scafell Pike (975m). Join a like-minded group, get active and savour the wide expansive views across Cumbria and Northern England from the highest summit in England.
We offer this event from:
- Wasdale Head– Suitable for all experience levels with general fitness
- Seathwait– Suitable for all experience levels with a good level of fitness
- Great Langdale– A long day, with lots of up and down, needs a good level of fitness and the ability to keep moving. Suited to people with experience of long days in the mountains.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
Depending on the starting location this is an ideal walk for anyone who would like to summit the highest mountain in England. There is a route for all experience levels however, you will need to be reasonably fit to ensure your own enjoyment and that of the group. Depending on the route this event can take up to 10 hours.
At times a strenuous walk, steep paths, rough ground with no paths and rough and very rocky/stony sections especially in the upper sections of the mountain.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Guide – The walk is led by a qualified Mountain Leader
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel to and from the start location
- Personal Insurance
YOU WILL NEED:
- Suitable walking boots (including ankle support)
- Appropriate clothing for the walk
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Spare jacket/fleece (warmth layer)
- Hat and gloves (in bag)
- Sunhat and suncream
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Food, snacks and a drink (minimum 2 litre) for the walk
Keep an eye on the side bar for the next ‘Open’ event or contact us for a bespoke/private event.
Open Events £37pp (minimum group size 4 maximum group size 6)
Private events £150 (max group of 6)