Scafell Pike – Sunrise
Join us for this fantastic and sociable guided walk to the roof of England – Scafell Pike (978m) to see the sunrise. Join a like-minded group, get active and savour the wide expansive views across Cumbria from the highest summit in England.
WHO IS THIS EVENT FOR?
This is an ideal walk for anyone who would like to summit the highest mountain in England, witness the sunrise and experience being out in the mountains in the dark and at the start of a new day. The walk is aimed at all experience levels however, you will need to be reasonably fit to ensure your own enjoyment and that of the group as the trip will take around 8 hours.
At times a strenuous and steep path with rough and very rocky/stony sections especially in the upper sections of the mountain.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Guide – The walk is led by a qualified Mountain Leader
- Small group experience maximum 1:8
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Travel to and from the start location
- Personal Insurance
- Accommodation before/after the event
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Suitable walking boots (with ankle support)
- Appropriate clothing for the walk
- Waterproof Jacket and trousers
- Spare jacket/fleece (warmth layer)
- Hat and gloves (in bag)
- Sunhat and suncream
- Head torch and spare batteries (can be hired from us for £5)
- Food, snacks and a drink (minimum 2 litre) for the walk
Mountain weather can be fickle at the best of times and there is no guarantee that you will see the sunset or even a view. The walk will take place in most weathers but the leader will reserve final judgement on the day (in most cases) and maintains the right to abandon any walk if they feel the safety of themselves or any participant is at risk
(Needs a minimum of 4 participants to run at the advertised price)