Poor Visibility and Night Navigation
So you can navigate confidently in good weather conditions, you have some skills to deal with when the cloud rolls in but are you confident enough to trust your skills in the poorest of weather and low visibility conditions? Why not join us Mountain ascents and our expert navigation instructors on this advanced 1 day navigation course.
WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT?
This course is designed to take your poor visibility navigation skills to the next level
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who can navigate confidently in good weather conditions but wants to understand poor visibility techniques and strategies.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We will start in the daylight to brush up and hone your existing skills before navigating in to the darkness gradually increasing the technicality of the navigation legs. By the end of the event you will be more confident in your ability to navigate in poor visibility situations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified and Insured instructor
- Contour map if we require them
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- suitable footwear (Boots with ankle support)
- Clothing suitable for hill walking
- Spare warmth layers
- Hats and Gloves
- OS Map (We will tell you which one at the time of booking)
- Compass (Silva Expedition 4 or equivalent)
- Map case for the contour map
- Head Torch (and Spare) and batteries
- Lunch/Snack and water (minimum 1 litre)
This event is undertaken is offered in both the Lake District National Park in the Great Langdale valley and also the Snowdonia National Park near to Capel Curig. Please see the side bar (to the right) for the next course, date and location