Poor Visibility and Night Navigation
So you can navigate confidently in good weather, you have some skills to deal with low cloud but are you confident enough to trust your skills in the poorest of weather and low visibility conditions? If you have to think about the answer why not join us on this intermediate/advanced 1 day navigation course.
WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT?
This course is designed to teach and improve poor visibility navigation skills.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who can navigate confidently in good weather conditions but wants to understand and improve their poor visibility techniques and strategies.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
We start in the daylight (late afternoon) brush up on your existing skills and then navigate in to the darkness. By the end of the event you will be more confident in your ability to navigate in poor visibility situations.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified instructor
- Contour map if we require them
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Walking boots (with ankle support)
- Clothing suitable for hill walking (Base-layer, mid-layer and warmth layer)
- Spare warmth layer(s)
- Hats and Gloves
- OS Map
- Compass (Silva Expedition 4 or equivalent)
- Map case for the contour map
- Head Torch (and Spare) and batteries
- Lunch/Snack and water (minimum 1 litre)
This event is offered in the following locations.
- The Lake District National Park
- Snowdonia National Park
Please see the side bar for the next course, date and location