Nordic Walking Trail Walks
Join us and like-minded people on one of our regular fun, sociable walking days exploring the UK’s varied landscapes.
WHAT IS NORDIC WALKING?
In essence it is walking with a natural gait…but…when you add specially designed Nordic Walking poles it becomes a physical activity that is a safe effective way to burn shed loads of calories while improving your fitness. Nordic Walking is a fantastic low impact sport that is great for socialising, fitness and discovering the town, city and countryside on foot.
SOME BENEFITS OF NORDIC WALKING:
- Exercise over 90% of your skeletal muscles
- Burn 46% more calories compared to walking without poles
- It’s a full body workout
- It helps you shape, tone and lose inches
- Puts less stress on your body and joints (compared to other forms of exercise)
- Improves your cardiovascular ability
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified INWA/British Nordic Walking Instructor
- Use of Nordic Walking Poles if required (small fee £10)
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR?
The Trail Walks are designed to cover the miles while enjoying the environment that we walk through. They are aimed at people with some previous experience of Nordic Walking. If you would like to attend but do not know the Nordic technique please contact us to arrange an Introduction to Nordic Walking course or sign up to one of our open courses.
Trail walks take place throughout the UK from the Scottish Highlands to Snowdonia and the South Coast. Please keep an eye on the side bar for the next available date and location.
Trail walks cost between £20-35pp + £10 pole fee (if required) depending on route and location.