THE NORDIC WALKING CLUB
NORDIC WALKING while being a fun and enjoyable way to meet like-minded people or spend time with friends in the outdoors Nordic Walking can also provide the participant with many benefits.
The Nordic Walking technique ensures that you train your entire body and not just the cardiovascular system. The intensity of the movements while being gentle on the body are also proven to burn considerably more calories than regular walking.
Benefits of Nordic walking also includes strengthening abdominal and back muscles helping to prevent and relieve back pain and helps to improve your balance. It has been shown in many studies that the Nordic Walking can also activate up to 90% of the skeletal muscles compared to other physical activities such as swimming and running.
In essence less effort but more gain in that it is a gentler way to improved personal fitness and wellbeing while allowing you to enjoy the outside and fantastic places that we visit. The health benefits of Nordic Walking are backed up by the UK’s Chief Medical Officers’ Physical Activity Guidelines published in September 2019 recognising the benefits of NORDIC WALKING as a separate activity to ordinary walking.
WHAT IS THE NORDIC WALKING CLUB?
A regular weekly Nordic Walking class under the instruction of a British Nordic Walking/International Nordic Walking Federation (INWA) qualified instructor. The class will include instruction and a suitable walk.
WHO is it suitable for?
Everyone. Anyone who wants to learn the Nordic Walking technique or improve their technique or simply improve their fitness, meet new and like-minded people, enjoys being outdoors and anyone who just wants to be sociable will find the Nordic club for them.
WHEN and WHERE:
- There will be 2 x 1-hour 15 minute classes each week Wednesday evening and Sunday Morning.
- The classes will be held on the Sefton Coast near to Liverpool
Once per month a TRAIL WALK will be organised to such places as the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Lancashire, and Snowdonia etc. (additional costs will apply)
- Pay per session £6.50
- Pay for 2 sessions in advance £11 (£2 saving)
- Pay for 8 sessions in advance £42 (£10 saving)
- Speak to us about a NORDIC + membership one yearly or monthly payment which includes sessions and 1 trail walk each month.
- £3.50per class though you are welcome to bring your own Nordic Walking poles.
- £20 -£35pp + Pole Hire (if required)
NORDIC WALKING TASTER SESSION:
- £10 for 45 minutes including Pole hire
- First club session £5
INTRODUCTION to NORDIC WALKING COURSE:
- £30 for 3 hours including pole hire
- 10% discount of your 1st Trail Walk
NORDIC WALKING DEVELOPMENT COURSE:
- £45 for 3 hours
NORDIC WALKING ‘BOUNDLESS HORIZONS’ COURSE:
- 3hours of instruction either at beginners or intermediate standard
- 1 or 2 day navigation course to teach you the skills to explore confidently on your own.
Option A: 3 hour course and 1 day Introduction to Navigation Skills = £65
Option B: 3 hour course and 2 day Beginners Navigation course (NNAS Bronze) = £150
Option C: 3 hour course and 2 day Intermediate Navigation course (NNAS Silver) = £170
Contact us to take part or book your course