Mountain Navigation Skills
A navigation course aimed at anyone who has aspirations to become independent in the mountains and wants to learn the navigation skills to support their aims.
By the end of the course you will be more confident in your ability to plan and undertake your own journey in a variety of mountain conditions.
The aim of the course is to introduce you to the techniques required for mountain navigation while undertaking a journey. As the day progresses we will increase the technicality of the navigation legs and introduce more advanced skills such as contour interpretation etc.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified Instructor/Mountain Leader
- All training aids/specialist maps such as contour maps
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Walking boots
- Suitable clothes for a day outside (base-layer, mid-layer and warmth layer)
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Lunch, Snacks and Drink (minimum 1 litre)
- Spare warmth layer (i.e fleece or jacket)
- Hat and gloves
- Head Torch
- Map (1:25k OS) (we’ll tell you which map during the booking process).
The Mountain Navigation course operates at the following venues. Please check the side bar for the next available course and location.
- The Lake District National Park
- Snowdonia National Park