Keswick to Ambleside – The Long Walk
26 miles of beautiful scenery through the heart of the Lake District. Travel along the scenic parts of the Cumbrian Way, experience the Great Langdale, Langstrath and Borrowdale Valleys, idyllic lake district villages, walk along Derwent Water and walk amongst some of the best Mountain Scenery in England.
Who is it for?
This is a tough 26-mile route through mountain scenery and participants should expect it to take between 10 and 12 hours to complete. Participants should have very good fitness and be comfortable walking for long hours at a time. Some preparation and regular hillwalking experience will be required.
A complete mix of low-level path, high level mountain path, rugged ground, boggy sections and areas of indistinct path.
What is included:
- Qualified walk leader – Mountain Leader
- Maximum group size of 1:5
What is not included:
- Accommodation before and after the walk
- Transport back to your car (there is a regular bus service)
What do you need:
- Suitable walking boots (with ankle support)
- Waterproof Trousers and Jacket
- Suitable clothing for a day in the hills (base, mid and warmth layer)
- Spare warmth layer
- hat and gloves
- Head torch
- Food and Snacks
- Water (minimum 2l)
This event is offered as both an ‘Open’ event £35pp and as a private event (5 people) £200. Please check the side bar for the next available ‘Open’ event or contact us to put one on or to arrange a private event.