Introduction to Nordic Walking
Would you like to join us on some of our Nordic Walking Trail walks? Or, would you simply like to learn the skills with a qualified instructor to do your own walks?
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING?
- up to 5-hour introduction to Nordic Walking Skills based on the INWA (International Nordic Walking Federation 10 step method).
- This course will cover the main steps.
- A trail walk to put your new skills in to practice.
WHAT IS NORDIC WALKING?
Simply speaking it is walking with a natural gait…but…when you add specially designed Nordic Walking poles it becomes a physical activity that is a safe effective way to improve your fitness and burn a lot of calories.
SOME BENEFITS OF NORDIC WALKING:
- Exercise over 90% of your skeletal muscles
- Burn more calories compared to walking without poles
- It’s a full body workout
- It helps you shape, tone and lose inches
- Puts less stress on your body and joints (compared to other forms of exercise)
- Improves your cardiovascular ability
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified INWA/British Nordic Walking Instructor
- Loan of Nordic Walking Poles for the course
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Anyone who is interested in learning Nordic Walking skills. Nordic Walking is a fantastic low impact sport that is great for socialising, fitness and discovering the town, city and countryside on foot.
The courses will take place at various venues in the North West of England and North Wales. Please check the side bar for the next available course.
This course can also be booked as a private event 1:1 (£80 minimum depending on location) or for a private group (please contact us for a price).