Hillwalking Taster Days
So you have thought about taking up hillwalking but not sure where to start or maybe you have questions to ask about equipment or suitable routes for yourself and your family? If so, join Mountain Ascents on one of our taster days.
WHAT IS THE EVENT ABOUT?
This event is aimed at anyone who would like to get involved in hillwalking but not sure where to start. These 1 day events will aim to take you out in the hills to look at and discuss hillwalking and the skills required whilst undertaking an enjoyable hill/mountain journey. Over the course of the day we will cover the following:
- Weather forecasts, where to find the information and what it means for a day in the hills
- Clothing systems and footwear considerations
- Basic movement skills for different terrain
- Basic navigation skills, tips and strategies
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified and insured walk leader – Mountain Leader
- Use of maps and compass
- Maximum group size of 1:8
- Use of any other technical equipment that may be required for the day
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Waterproofs – Jacket and Trousers
- Clothing suitable for a full day in the hills
- Suitable footwear (boots or walking shoes)
- Spare warmth layer (jacket/fleece)
- Hat and gloves
- Water bottle (minimum 1.5 litre)
- Food and snacks
participants of this event will be entitled to a 10% discount on any of courses or mountain day events
These events will be offered throughout the UK. Please check the information bar to the right for the next event location and date.