Helvellyn Sunset Experience
Join us for this unique walk in the Lake District National Park to the summit of Helvellyn, Englands 3rd Highest Mountain at sunset.
The walk offers wide expansive views across the fells of the Lake District and allows you to summit upto 5 Lake District mountains in one walk.
- Dollywagon Pike (858m)
- Nethermost Pike (891m)
- Helvellyn (950m)
- Lower Man (925m)
- Whiteside (863m)
WHO IS THE WALK FOR:
This guided small group walk is ideal for anyone who would like to experience Helvellyn during the quieter periods while experience the unique feeling being out in the fells after dark. The walk allows for the summiting of up to 5 peaks as part of this incredible sunset trek.
IS IT FOR ME?
The route is roughy 12 miles long and is ideal for both individuals or groups. Due to the length of the walk good fitness will be required but as a small group event we can take our time.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified event leader – Mountain Leader
- Small group experience ratio of 1:5 maximum
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- Walking boots with ankle support (no walking shoes or sports trainers etc)
- Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
- Clothes suitable for being in the hills (Base layer, Mid-layer and Warmth Layer) – no cotton or jeans etc.
- Extra/Spare Warmth layer
- Hat and Gloves
- Head torch and Spare Batteries
- Lunch and snacks
- Water minimum 1.5L
- Personal 1st Aid Kit
- Face covering/mask
- Hand sanitiser (alcohol gel with minimum 70% alcohol content)
- Walking poles if you already use and comfortable with them