Family Mountain Adventure & Skills
Available on any date between April and October for private bookings……Contact us to arrange your event.
So you have thought about taking up hillwalking but not sure where to start or maybe you want to learn some essential hill skills to keep you are your family safe or maybe you have questions to ask about equipment or suitable routes? If so, join Mountain Ascents on one of our Family Mountain Adventure & Skill days.
WHAT IS THE EVENT ABOUT?
This event is aimed at families who would like to get involved in hillwalking but not sure where to start. This 1 day event will aim to take you out in the hills to look at and discuss hillwalking and the skills required whilst undertaking an enjoyable hill/mountain journey. Over the course of the day we will cover the following:
- Weather forecasts, where to find the information and what it means for a day in the hills
- Clothing systems and footwear considerations
- Basic movement skills for different terrain
- Basic navigation skills, tips and strategies
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Qualified, insured, first aid trained and Enhanced DBS checked event leader (Mountain Leader)
- Use of maps and compass
- Private event (price is for 5 persons)
- Use of any other technical equipment that may be required for the day
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Waterproofs – Jacket and Trousers
- Clothing suitable for a full day in the hills
- Suitable footwear (boots or walking shoes)
- Spare warmth layer (jacket/fleece)
- Hat and gloves
- Water bottle (minimum 1.5 litre)
- Food and snacks
These events will be offered throughout England and Wales. Please check the information bar for the next event location and date.
This event can be organised anytime April to October. Please contact us for your preferred date.
How to Book:
Send us an email or use the Bespoke Trails link on our webpage and request your preferred date
£130 per booking up to 5 participants
Please note: All under 18’s must be accompanied by their own parent or legally appointed guardian at all times.
Minimum Age: 8 years old