Expedition & Multi-day Trip Skills
What is the Course about?
In recent years the popularity of wild camping in the UK has seen many people want to further their interest by undertaking longer and more remote trips. We are often asked by client’s what equipment do we recommend?what type of stove?, what tent? etc.
This 2-day course is designed to introduce you to the world of multi-day trip planning, giving you the ability to ask experienced staff questions while gaining confidence to be self-sufficient in the mountain environment
Increase your knowledge, confidence and understanding of multi-day mountain trips.
What we cover:
- Navigation Skills
- Route Planning
- Clothing Systems
- Expedition Equipment
- Food and Cooking including Food safety
- Camp Hygiene.
What is included:
- Qualified instructor
- Use of technical equipment – There will be a selection of technical equipment for your use from tents, camping mattress, stoves, water filters etc.
What do I need to bring?
- Walking Boots
- Waterproof Jacket and Trousers
- Clothes suitable for hillwalking (Base-layer, Mid-layer and Warmth Layer)
- Spare Warmth Layer
- Hat and Gloves
- Head Torch and Spare Batteries
- Lunch and snacks (2 days)
- Breakfast (day 2)
- Water (minimum 1.5L)
- Sleeping Bag (comfort 3 degrees minimum)
Detailed course notes will be provided during the booking process.
This course is offered in both The Lake District National Park and Snowdonia National Park. Please view the information bar for the next available course and date.